Left behind beads

After many weeks of heavy rain it wasn't really that surprising when I discovered a large sodden patch of floor underneath my most expensive piece of equipment, my oxygen generator - Arghhh! These things do not like damp one bit and will throw a hissy fit at the slightest provocation. Desperate measures were needed so I dragged not one but two fan heaters AND the dehumidifier out there, I know, heavy duty indeed.   I realise using a domestic de-humidifier in a wooden shed in the rain is somewhat pointless but I was panicking big time. The last time the generator broke down it cost me nearly as much to fix it as buying a new one and as neither of those is an option I was going to try anything and everything I could. I pointed the fan heaters to converge with each other and jerry rigged them to point to the floor without cutting out and I waited... and I waited... all the while listening to the electricity meter whirring round at break-neck speed... It took three days to dry it out, apparently me checking it every 30 mins didn't hasten the process at all but at least I felt I was helping... Once dry-ish I laid a thick layer of damp proof membrane (aka rubbish sacks) over the top and then laid some spare bathroom tiles on top of that - tada! I don't know if it will help but at least I can't see it any more.

This morning I have been out to warm it all up for a bead making session this afternoon and look what I found hiding in the back of the kiln. I love it when I find beads unexpectedly.

lampwork beads left in the kiln
lampwork beads left in the kiln